Labor Relations Alternatives is offering an online version of the Mortality Review and Death Investigations
course. This course is a two day program focusing on issues unique to those incidents involving the death of an individual receiving services within the context of an organization's incident management and quality improvement processes. The course includes the following topics:
- Typologies of death
- The mortality review process and its relationship to incident management and quality improvement
- The relationship of death investigations to the investigation of other serious incidents
- The investigatory question in the context of investigating a death
- Investigative tools when responding to incidents of death
- Explanation: proximate, antecedent and root cause(s) of death
- Special problems in conducting interviews related to death
- Conducting medical reviews
- An introduction to root cause analysis
- Development of a mortality review policy
: 9:00am - 11:30am & 1:00pm - 3:30pm Central Standard Time on March 22-23, 2023
This online course will be delivered via Zoom video conferencing and consists of live lectures, small group exercises, and role plays. The course materials will be emailed to participants one week in advance of the class. You must attend all sessions of this class via live video in order to received completion credit. Participating in this class requires that you have access to a computer with video and audio.
Please register on-line using the 'Register For This Class' button above. Contact Carolyn Slocum at (512) 289-1854
or car[email protected]
for any questions about registration.
LRA will accept credit card payments on-line using the 'Pay Now' button above, checks, purchase orders and/or vouchers which can be mailed or emailed to us. Make checks payable to: RCM Training and Consulting, LLC Federal I.D. #87-3798573. Please contact Carolyn Slocum at (512) 289-1854
or [email protected]
for any questions about payment.