Interviewing Persons with Intellectual or Cognitive Disabilities
Self Paced Online Course
Labor Relations Alternatives is offering our Interviewing Persons with Intellectual or Cognitive Disabilities course in an online self-paced format.
This course provides investigators with specific interviewing techniques that will enhance their ability to obtain and document information from this group of witnesses, and to do so in a manner which is supportive and respectful.
This course consists of 6 modules and includes the following teaching methodologies:
- Reading assignments: Participants will be assigned reading from the Handout to be completed prior to completing a written assignment.
- Commentary: Some modules include additional content related to the topic.
- Written assignments: Many modules require that participants complete an online written assignment. After completing each assignment, the participant will compare his or her results with the expected answers provided by LRA. The instructor will review the assignments for completeness.
- Quizzes: The course ends with a quiz regarding course content. It will be graded online and results provided to the participant with an explanation for the correct response. Participants must score 70 or above to complete the course. The quiz may be taken as many times as needed.
An instructor will be assigned to you and provide the following support:
- Available to answer any questions submitted via email regarding the course content.
- Review of assignments for quality and completeness.
- Monitoring of course progress to promote completing the course on schedule.
- Class schedule: All modules must be completed within 7 days after beginning the course.
Registration: You may register online using the ‘Register’ button above. Please contact Carolyn Slocum at (512) 289-1854 or [email protected] for any questions about registration. If you are an agency registering eleven or more persons, a group rate will be available. Please contact Laura Nuss at (202) 355-0799 or [email protected] to inquire about group rates.
Payment: LRA will accept debit or credit card at the time of registration for the class. If an agency registers a group, checks will be accepted. Make checks payable to: RCM Training and Consulting, LLC Federal I.D. #87-3798573. Please contact Carolyn Slocum at (512) 289-1854 or [email protected] for any questions about making a payment by check.