Advanced Certification: Level II Certified Investigator Course
Self Paced Online Course
Labor Relations Alternatives is offering our Advanced Certification course in an online self-paced format.
This course is designed to enhance investigative skills, focusing primarily on those tasks an investigator must perform after a thorough collection of the evidence. After a review of investigative concepts and techniques for collecting evidence, the following topics will be covered in the course:
- Understanding the difference between a summary and an analysis of evidence
- The standard of proof used in reaching conclusions
- Analyzing evidence
- Objectivity in writing investigative reports
- Weighing evidence and drawing conclusions
At the end of the class, participants will be given an assignment to write an analysis and conclusion for a case and submit it to LRA for feedback. Participants will receive Level II Certification upon completion of the course and the written assignment.
Participants must have completed the Conducting Serious Incident Investigations course before taking this class.
This course consists of 9 modules and includes the following teaching methodologies:
- Reading assignments: Participants will be assigned reading to be completed prior to completing a written assignment or a quiz.
- Commentary: Some modules include additional content related to the topic.
- Written assignments: Many modules require that participants complete an online written assignment. After completing each assignment, the participant will compare his or her results with the expected answers provided by LRA. The instructor will review the assignments for completeness.
- Quizzes: Some modules include quizzes to ensure understanding of the content. The quizzes will be graded online and results provided to the participant with an explanation for the correct response. Participants must score 70 or above to continue to the next module or topic. Quizzes may be taken as many times as needed.
An instructor will be assigned to you and provide the following support:
- Available to answer any questions submitted via email regarding the course content.
- Review of assignments for quality and completeness.
- Monitoring of course progress to promote completing the course on schedule.
Class schedule: All modules must be completed within 14 days after beginning the course.
Registration: You may register online using the ‘Register’ button above. Please contact Carolyn Slocum at (512) 289-1854 or [email protected] for any questions about registration. If you are an agency registering eleven or more persons, a group rate will be available. Please contact Laura Nuss at (202) 355-0799 or [email protected] to inquire about group rates.
Payment: LRA will accept debit or credit cards at the time of registration for the class. If an agency registers a group, checks will be accepted.